Monday, January 9, 2012

Sunday January 15th-Mar Vista Green Garden Showcase Signups!



4th Annual Mar Vista Green Garden Showcase

Have you heard about the Mar Vista Green Garden Showcase? Do you want to know more about it? Are you wondering if your garden qualifies or what participating entails?

I’m a landscaper…can I show my garden?

I did it myself…can I be in the show?

I’m transitioning to green…do you qualify?

Is my garden in Mar Vista?

What do I need to do?

Stop by the Green Tent this Sunday and have your questions answered.

Last year, this giant Earth Day eco-festival featured over 80 gardens located throughout Mar Vista and attracted over 2000 visitors. There is a tremendous sense of community as residents from all over Southern California celebrate our shared vision for a greener life. Encouraging sustainability in daily living, we map six self-guided walking/biking Garden Tours.

This year’s FREE fourth annual Mar Vista Green Garden Showcase is Saturday, April 21st, 2012 from 10 a.m. to 4p.m. Many new and returning gardens are already signed up and the deadline to enter is swiftly approaching. Click here to view them.

This year the tour places special emphasis on the critical need for ocean friendly gardens and habitats that support much needed pollinators such as honey bees and monarch butterflies. We are also interested in multiple family dwelling units taking steps toward sustainability, perhaps with edible gardens, composting or drought-tolerant plantings. And we love do it yourself gardeners who share their knowledge and experience.

Please stop by to have your questions answered to and say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment