Sunday November 3, 2013
9AM - 2PM
Catching and Harvesting a Precious Resource: Rainwater!
Come learn many simple ways to help yourself and the planet by "harvesting" the rain (collecting it or redirecting it, for example). You can:
|Rain barrels make great “green” gifts for the person who has everything!|
Find out more at http://www.rainbarrelsintl.com/products.asp.
- save water for future use
- replenish and improve our groundwater
- protect wildlife, wetlands, and the ocean
- reduce our negative impact on Northern California and Colorado River import areas
- reduce pollution and energy use (oil and electric)
- lower your water bill
|Newly-planted rain garden from |
2012 Mar Vista Green Garden Showcase